Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

So, You Want to be a Warrior?





Within Asatru/Heathenry many men refer to themselves as warriors.  Not to be left out, many women like to think that they are shield maidens.  Folks fill themselves up with the glories of the old days, the days of our Ancestors.  The days when having the skill to wield a sword or an axe in battle saved your life and more.  In that bygone era a warrior earned his "strips," the title, "Warrior."  But, we live in the 21st century.  The times and circumstances are different.  Today, we have law, we have order.  Does simply stating that one is a warrior, qualify for the title?  My good friend Vincent Enlund has a few things to say about that.  His credentials speak for him.  Check out his video below and judge for yourself if flexing your muscles and snarling at the neighbor's dog grants  you the title.

As for myself, I cannot lay claim to this title.  In my opinion, If I had to fight to save my family, I would just be a man who defended his own, not a warrior.

                                         Copyright @2016 Terry Unger & Vincent Enlund





In Honor of Arminius

To honor this hero, I offer snippets from my new book, Finding Polaris ...            Introduction, Part One - The Age of Arminius ...