Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

My Precious Possession



All of us have considered it.  Many of us have done it.  We are curious about our ancestry.  Where we came from.  So we sent off our spit to one of the DNA facilities to find out.  I almost did the same.  I changed my mind.  

Hackers hack and nothing is safe from them.  If one of the DNA facilities is compelled to hand over your DNA via legal warrant, they will comply.  They say as much in the small print.  If one day a capricious government decides to confiscate the DNA held in a DNA facility for capricious reasons, nothing will stop them.  Then there is the accuracy; it ain't there.  Recently, a set of triplets had their DNA tested, at the same time with the same facility.  The triplets received different results.  Think about it.  Triplets with different results.  I am not trying to tell you not to do it.  I am not trying to tell you about a mistake.  This is my reasoning.  

My DNA is my most precious possession. It is what makes me, me. It was given to me by my Ancestors.  It is their love letter to me.  I shared this love letter with my children.  They are the only recipients.  When I look into the mirror I see my Ancestors smiling back at me.  What do you see while looking into a mirror?  

                         Copyright 2018 Terry Unger All Rights Reserved




Fighting Giants

 Believing that we can control nature, getting nature to bend to our will is foolhardy.  We are a part of the very thing we seek to control....