Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Self-Reliance and Personal Honor







Being as self-reliant as possible is a great feeling.  Well, as least it is for me.  Having the ability and skills to do many chores around the house, and building various things as a hobby, is a good thing.  Plus, having the ability to do many electrical and plumbing things around the house gives me a satisfied feeling of self-worth.

Are there things that I cannot do because I do not have the knowledge to do it?  You bet.  So when I call in the professionals and pay the big bucks, I stand there and watch, learn, and ask questions.  If there is a next time, I have a good idea of to how to proceed.  On another note, I have some basic carpentry skills.  If I can build a 10 x 10 storage shed from scratch, a house cannot be far behind.  If I can do it, so can you.  Being self-reliant and industrious is a wonderful thing.

When you can do it yourself, when you are self-reliant, you will save money, but in the long run, that is the small thing.  Having the ability to do things yourself boosts your self-esteem and your feeling of self-worth.  Literally, you feel honorable about yourself.

People who have that personal honor, that Yes I can do this whatever it is, are the go-getters who achieve their goals. That confidence is huge.  Those people do not sit around and wait for things to happen; they make things happen.  Those folks have a personal honor that denies defeat and only accepts success.  And, they have the perseverance to see it through.

Each and every one of us can have this kind of honor and self-reliance but the want to must be present.  I can tell you that the freedom and independence is awesome.  What are you waiting for - go get some.

                                                  Copyright @2013 Terry Unger







  

Fighting Giants

 Believing that we can control nature, getting nature to bend to our will is foolhardy.  We are a part of the very thing we seek to control....