Translate

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Yule - The Rest of It




Modraniht.  Winter Solstice.  Ancestors.  So what of the other days?  Certainly, you should give more than a passing word to the Landvaettir, especially if you garden, farm, or raise livestock.  And of course a blot/faining dedicated to the Gods always is a great thing to do during Yule.  But what of yourself?  

Time must be taken for personal introspection. Questions like, what did I do to advance my good name?  And, what did I do to put myself in an infamous position?  Did my plans for the year bear fruit or did they fall way short?  Was I a good parent?  Was I a good spouse?  What can I do to increase my personal wealth and the wealth and welfare of my family, clan, and tribe? You must be brutally honest with yourself.  Yule is not just about eating, drinking, and having a good time.  It is also about growth.  Your growth.  Keep asking the tough questions - make your plan work.

GOOD YULE Y'ALL !!! 

Copyright @2015/2016 Terry Unger  

Fighting Giants

 Believing that we can control nature, getting nature to bend to our will is foolhardy.  We are a part of the very thing we seek to control....